BT 2700HGV 2Wire Router Wireless problems after firmware update

A previously flawless working wireless setup running WPA-PSK2 for months stopped working for no reason, only 2 out of 17 PCs were connecting, 1 wired and 1 wireless, none of the remaining laptops would connect.

After taking a look at the configuration pages I noticed that the router had recieved a BT firmware upgrade as the web pages had completely changed.  Suspecting this was the cause of the issue I checked all of the config etc. and could see no problem.

Thanks to a post over at the BT Business Support Forums “mikej101” suggests the default wireless channel of 1 assigned after the upgrade causes the problem.

Simply change the wireless channel and all the devices will start connecting again!